About The Team
Detailed Experienced about the members
Dr. H. James Harrington
Chairman Harrington Management System
In the book, Tech Trending, Dr. Harrington was referred to as “the quintessential tech trender.” The New York Times referred to him as having a “…knack for synthesis and an open mind about packaging his knowledge and experience in new ways -characteristics that may matter more as prerequisites for new-economy success than technical wizardry…”
Dr. H. James Harrington now serves as the Chairman of the Board for Harrington-Institute. He also serves as President of the Walter L. Hurd Foundation. He also serves as the Chairman of the Board for a number of businesses and as the U.S. Chairman of Chair on Technologies for Project Management at the University of Quebec in Montreal. He also serves as the Chairman for the Advisory Board for the e-TQM College in Dubai.
Dr. Harrington is recognized as one of the world leaders in applying performance improvement methodologies to business processes. Dr. Harrington writes regular columns for the Quality Digest Magazine.
In February 2002, Dr. Harrington retired as the COO of Systemcorp A.L.G., the leading supplier of Knowledge Management and Project Management Software solutions. Prior to this, Dr. Harrington had joined Ernst & Young (E&Y) when they acquired his company, Harrington, Hurd, & Rieker (1989). For the next ten years he served as a Principal and one of the leaders in the Process Innovation Group at Ernst & Young.
Prior to starting HH&R, Dr. Harrington was with IBM for over 30 years as a Senior Engineer and Project Manager. During his time with IBM, he gained a wealth of practical experience in serving in Executive Management positions in manufacturing, test engineering, product engineerin reliability engineering, and quality assurance.
Dr. Harrington is past Chairman and past President of the prestigious International Academy for Quality and of the American Society for Quality Control. He is also an active member of the Global Knowledge Economics Council. He is the president of the Walter L. Hurd Foundation.
He served for ten years as an A-level member of ISO TC176 (the technical committee responsible for writing the ISO 9000 series) and TC 207 (the technical committee responsible for writing ISO 14000 environmental standards).
Dr. Harrington is a government-registered Quality Engineer, a Certified Quality and Reliability Engineer by the American Society for Quality Control, and a Certified Professional Manager. Dr. Harrington has an MBA and Ph.D. in Engineering Management and a BS in Electrical Engineering.
The Harrington/Ishikawa Medal presented yearly by the Asian-Pacific Quality Organization was named after Dr. Harrington to recognize his many contributions to the region. In 1997, the Quebec Society for Qualite named their Quality Award “The Harrington/Neron Medal” honoring Dr. Harrington for his many contributions to the Quality Movement in Canada. In 2000 the Sri Lanka national quality award was named after him.
Dr. Harrington’s contributions to performance improvement around the world have brought him many honors. He was appointed the honorary advisor to the China Quality Control Association, and was elected to the Singapore Productivity Hall of Fame in 1990. He has been named lifetime honorary President of the Asia-Pacific Quality Control Organization and honorary Director of the Association Chilean de Control de Calidad.
Dr. Harrington has received many awards including the prestigious Edwards Medal and China’s Magnolia Award.
Dr. Harrington has been elected a Fellow of the British Quality Control Organization and the American Society for Quality Control. He was also elected an honorary member of the quality societies in Taiwan, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, and Singapore. He is also listed in the “Who’s-Who Worldwide” and “Men of Distinction Worldwide.” He has presented hundreds of papers on performance improvement and organizational management structure at the local, state, national, and international levels.
Dr. Harrington is a very prolific author, publishing hundreds of technical reports and magazine articles. He has authored 21 books, and 10 software packages. You might also wish to review his Awards, Professional Activities and read about him in Breaking News.
Chancellor – Harrington Academy
Application of the quality tools and methods to public and private organizations, including city, county, community government, and nonprofit operations. Certified Master Black Belt Instructor in lean Six Sigma and performance management, a noted author and series editor of over 30 books and hundreds of business management and improvement articles, and technical papers. He is one of the few Six Sigma Grand Master’s.
Dr. Kenneth C. Lomax
Senior VP – Process Innovation
Strategic Planning, developing six-sigma strategies, implementing ISO9000 strategies, process development and managing the quality process, organization-wide assessments, customer surveys, employee involvement, leadership training, developing corporate structures, managing the change process and building exceptional leadership teams. Certified Six-Sigma Black Belt and author/co-author of six books on performance management.
- 6 years as Sr. Quality Engineer with Alyeska Pipeline
- 5 years as Director of Quality, Kuparuk Project, ARCO Oil & Gas Co
- 6 years as a Senior Manager with Ernst & Young, LLP
- 9 years as VP Management Solutions, Harrington-Institute
- 15 years a President/CEO of Performance Improvement Network
- Project Manager of Process Development and Systems Integration at large property development company in Dubai, UAE
- Implemented TQM at various Air Force Bases in the USA
- Managed medium-size international consulting company in Dubai, UAE
- Designed and implemented executive leadership teams in various Fortune 1000 and larger corporations within the USA
- Led an international team consultants in developing and implementing TQM in Kazakhstan
- Led team of consultants in Dubai, UAE in identifying improvement opportunities for multi-billion dollar international food company
Quality Management Systems
- Co-author of more 3 books on performance improvement
- Author of 2 books on team facilitation
- Developed and installed a TQM Process for the 45th Space Wing at Cape Canaveral/Cape Kennedy/li>
- Designed a TQM Process for Chevron in Louisiana, USA
- Past President and Chairman (Alaska) of American Society for Nondestructive Testing
- International Speaker
- Frequent speaker on Organizational Improvement at various Universities
- Received many quality awards for his work including Professional of the Year
Executive, Senior Manager
Experienced trainer in Lean, Six Sigma, and Supply Chain Management with training experience in China, UAE and US. He is the Past President of the APICS, Portland Chapter. Doug has considerable experience in Accounting, Information Technology, Management, Manufacturing, Marketing, and Project Management. He is a Certified Fellow in Production and Inventory Management, Certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt, Certified Six Sigma Corporate Auditor, and was one of the first Certified Supply Chain Professionals (CSCP) in the US.
Dr. M. Shafiq
Experienced trainer in Lean Management, Six Sigma, Innovation Management and Supply Chain Management with fifteen years of training experience in South Asia, Middle East and Far East. He is a Certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt, Certified Project Manager, Certified Process Excellence Manager, IRCA Certified Lead Auditor of ISO 9000, ISO 14000 and HACCP.
The main areas of his consultancy are: Quality Management Systems, Environmental Management System, Performance Improvement Systems, Excellence Models and Statistical Process Control. During his industrial experience he has been involved in the implementation of Lean Six Sigma, Quality Management System, Environmental Management System, Food Safety System, 5S, and Quality Circles in both manufacturing and service sectors.
Executive management, strategic planning and implementation, performance excellence, organizational development, process improvement, Quality cost management, Six Sigma, and ISO 9000. He is certified as a Six Sigma master black belt.
- 17 years as President – Patrick Donnally Associates
- 2 years as Managing Director of Harrington Middle East
- 3 years as Advisor – Organizational Excellence at Orange County Clerk of Courts
- 3 years as President and CEO of Scientific Design, Inc.
- 2 years as President and CEO of the Council for Continuous Improvement
- 3 years as Sr. Vice President of Philip Crosby Associates
- 16 years as University of Phoenix Adjunct Faculty
- Start-up of Harrington Middle East
- Implemented a Performance Excellence system at Orange County Clerk of Courts – won the Florida Governor’s Sterling Award in three years
- Turnaround of Scientific Design Inc. – a $6Million fabrication company
- Turnaround of the Council for Continuous Improvement – a consortium of US Companies focused on education and training for continuous improvement
- Implemented a Performance Excellence system at MagneTek, Inc – a $1.3 billion company
- Start-up of Philip Crosby Associates Western Region – $6 million/yr. in two years
- Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award Examiner – three years
- Florida Governor’s Sterling Award Examiner – two years
- Certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt
- Certified ISO 9000 Lead Auditor
- University of Phoenix Faculty
- Senior Member ASQ
- Alpha Pi Mu – Industrial Engineering Honor Society
Charles P. (Chuck) Mignosa
Quality systems, performance improvement methodologies, organizational development, design of experiments, Six Sigma, ISO 9000, ISO 14,000, health and safety, process redesign. Sr. ISO Auditor and process implementation. He is a certified Six Sigma master black belt. Extensive background in reliabilities engineering.
- 25 years with IBM as quality project manager
- 3 years consulting for telecommunications, automotive and aerospace
- 3 years at P-com as VP Quality
- 3 years at Cholestech Biomedical devices as Director of Quality
- 7 years as CEO and President of Business Systems Architects LLC
- Implementation of SPC in all 4 manufacturing areas of IBM San Jose
- Reduced Out of Box Failures from 20% to less than 1.5% saving P-COM saving over $10 million dollars
- Implemented ISO 9001, ISO 13485, ISO 18000 and ISO 14000 at SanDisk and trained their personnel in the USA, Israel, Scotland and Shanghai
- Developed Six Sigma Training for Small Companies
- Trained all of Heinz USA and Canada in Six Sigma Green Belt. With initial savings the first year of over $9 million
- Trained over 200 people in Six Sigma Black Belt and have supported over 30 projects as their Master Black Belt or Black belt
- Senior Member of American Society for Quality
A trilingual experienced consultant and trainer with Organizational Excellence, Project Management, Quality/Performance and Total improvement management experience in the Middle East, North America and Africa. Also a certified Black Belt, Certified Project ManagerCPM, and EFQM Certified Assessor.
- Nadir is a trilingual experienced consultant and trainer with Organizational Excellence, Project Management, Quality/Performance and Total improvement management experience in the Middle East, North America and Africa
- Taught the Six Sigma, Project Management, EFQM and Organizational Excellence classes over the last several years in the UAE, KSA, Qatar, Libya, China, and North America
Robert E. Perez
Executive, Senior Consultant
Project Design Engineer in Electro Optics in the three industries: Aerospace, Oil Exploration and Bio Chemistry. He was the Electro optics engineer responsible for the last 10K feet of the visual component of the Lunar Module Simulator. This system was used to train NASA’s Astronauts for the Apollo’s manned flights to the moon. His project management experience includes leading a team of 7 engineers and technicians to design and release to market a 16 channel blood chemistry analyzer.
Dr. Ahmad Elshennawy
Engineering & Management Systems at the University of Central Florida. Dr. Elshennaway has a PhD in Industrial Engineering and is a certified Master Black Belt. He has contributed to over 21 books and has developed and teaches numerous undergraduate and graduate level courses. He has taught classes to prepare individuals to become certified as quality and reliability engineers.
Navin Shamji Dedhia
Quality Management Systems, Total Quality Management, Quality Assurance, Process Quality, Supplier Quality, Supplier Qualifications, Auditing, Problem Solving, Corrective & Preventive Actions. Extensive background in the application of quality principles and management in organizations like IBM. He is a certified Six Sigma master black belt.
- 3 years with Hitachi Global Storage Technologies, Inc., San Jose, CA (2003 – 2005)
- 35 years with IBM (E. Fishkill, N. Y. & San Jose, CA) (1968 – 2002)
- 3 Months Consolidated Comstock, Pittsburgh, PA, Summer of 1967
- 3 years with Polychem Ltd, Mumbai, India (1964- 1966)
- ISO 9001 Implementation and Certification – No nonconformances received
- Timely Process/Product Qualification on New Products
- New Supplier Qualifications and Dock to Stock implementation
- Spare Parts (FRU) Quality Improvement project achieving savings of $ 3.4 M
- Author of two books, numerous technical articles and presentations
- Editor of a Quarterly Newsletter
- Past ASQ Board Member
- Past Chair of ASQ International Chapter, Inspection Division, Silicon Valley Section
- Recipient of ASQ Distinguished Service Medal, E. Jack Lancaster Medal, Inspection Division Harry J. Lessig Medal, ASQ Century Club Award and many Testimonial Awards
- Recipient of APQO Harrington–Ishikawa Medal
- Recipient of Formal and Informal awards from IBM
- Member of International Academy for Quality (IAQ)
- Recipient of QIMPRO Medal 1999, Mumbai, India
- ASQ Fellow
- Chair of International Committee, NCQM, Mumbai, India
Quality Manager and Lead auditor both in manufacturing and software industries. Specializes in quality engineering, especially in the fields of manufacturing process ranging from the Hi-tech industries of Smart Cards through the heavy industry of home appliances.