- Dr. Harrington in the News
- Industry News
Dr. Harrington knows how to make the news!
05/05/09 Dr. Harrington accepts the Quality Magazine 2009 Professional of the Year Award at the 2009 Quality Measurement Conference in Orlando, FL.
- 10/17/11 - 10/19/11 Asia Pacific Quality Organization (APQO) Announces Winners of World Class Global Performance Excellence Awards – Best Performance Excellence Organizations in the World. Read More ...
- 6/21 - 6/23/2011 55th EOQ (European Organization for Quality) Conference in Budapest, Hungary: “Navigating Global Quality in a New Era”.
- 10/26 - 10/27/2010 54th EOQ Conference in Izmir, Turkey: European Organization for Quality – “A Heritage for the Future: Quality”.
- 10/25/2010 IHI: It’s Time to Lose the Waste - Join the initiative “Impacting Cost and Quality” (IHI: Cambridge, MA): It is the most significant health-care leadership challenge of our time: how to reduce expenses while improving quality. At first, the trade-off seems unavoidable. As expenses decrease, so too must quality, right? Not necessarily. Pioneering organizations that have worked with the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) during the past few years to identify and drive out waste in their systems are doing so in ways that improve the quality of care delivered to patients.
- 9/30 - 10/1/2010 in Manila, Philippines - 22nd NATIONAL QUALITY FORUM: "Roadmap to Excellence: Blending the Best of Both Worlds" sponsored by Asia Pacific Quality Organization.
- 9/18 - 9/20/2010 16th APQO/NQPCN International Conference on Quality in Kathmandu, Nepal: “Creating Value through Quality” sponsored by Asia Pacific Quality Organization. Dr. H. James Harrington will deliver a keynote address.
- 09/15/10 The Joint Commission Launches Targeted Solutions Tool that provides a step-by-step process to measure hospital performance and identify barriers to excellence. (The Joint Commission: Oakbrook Terrace, IL): For the first time, Joint Commission-accredited hospitals have access to an interactive tool that simplifies the process for solving the most persistent health care quality and safety problems that exist within the U.S. health care system. The Targeted Solutions Tool http://www.centerfortransforminghealthcare.org/tst.aspx (TST), which encapsulates the work of the Joint Commission Center for Transforming Healthcare, provides a step-by-step process to measure performance, identify barriers to excellent performance, and implement proven solutions.
- 9/14/2010 Baldrige Regional Conference in Newport Beach, CA: Showcasing the best practices of 12 or more current or past Baldrige Award recipients.
- 9/13 - 9/14/2010 ASQ 19th Annual Service Quality Conference in Las Vegas, NV: This year’s theme is “Winning the Competitive Edge with Service Quality” .